At ThingsAt, it’s never just a job – we care about the impact we have – and that’s what connects us. As you help us disrupt our industry, we’ll support you to be ‘the best you’, at ThingsAt, on client-site(s) and at home.
We’re looking for a switched-on, highly disciplined Senior Business Analyst, with incredible attention to detail to join our team in Melbourne. ThingsAt works on high-value, high-accountability end user compute projects that enhance our core business, Device as a Service.
The role provides the opportunity to handle a diversity of tasks, supporting aspects of change management, testing (through the alignment of test plans and scripts) and providing assistance to the Project Manager throughout the project journey.
The Senior Business Analyst role and capability is critical to the successful delivery of customer facing and internal project initiatives. Acting as a communicator, analyst and facilitator, the Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for all aspects of the requirements specification deliverable, analysing and documenting the current and future state environments, process improvement, business case development, business impact analysis, aspects of testing and contribution to solution development.
The main tasks will include undertaking complex analysis, documenting detailed requirements, facilitating workshops, process design, evaluating and documenting potential solutions, roadmaps and findings/recommendations, always working to improve technical and process efficiency and productivity and change management. To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
As part of the Professional Services Team, this role will work closely with our Device as a Service Managed Services Team and our Customers to deliver high quality Business Analysis services at pace to drive strategic outcomes for ThingsAt and our Customers.
Partner closely with ThingsAt and Customer stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of the ThingsAt / Customers’ business; the challenges, pain points and areas for opportunity. A primary responsibility of this role is to consistently behave according to ThingsAt’s values and to be an exemplary role model of ThingsAt’s values every day.
Skills and Attributes
- High degree of credibility with natural ability to communicate and build trust to forge strong relationships with stakeholders
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- A problem-solving aptitude – identifying core reason/s, possibilities and options with recommendations
- Ensuring deliverables align to the Project Management Framework and standards and expectations as set by the Project Manager or Project Management Office
- Supporting continuous improvement, particularly the understanding of and adherence to the Project Management Framework
- Skill in eliciting and defining requirements, epics, features, stories with clear acceptance criteria
- Skill in developing clear and concise BRS, FRS and process mapping documentation as required
- Competency in process modelling – providing a visualisation of the business requirement
- Experience creating and presenting detailed reports and articulating data/process flows
- Proactively identify dependencies, risks and issues for projects, and manage to the agreed framework
- Experience in building working relationships with a diverse stakeholder group including technology operations and technical teams, vendors, as well as business operations teams enable successful delivery
- Ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions with a mindset that maximises the value delivered to our customers
- Excellent written & oral communication skills with demonstrable ability in a variety of techniques to express technical information to non-technical readers
- Ability to think ‘outside the box’ to overcome issues and find solutions where conflicts and difficulties arise
- Experience working on multiple projects of various size, at times consecutively – requiring ability to switch focus and retain overall prioritisation of tasks
- Collaborative and consultative team player
- Flexibility and willingness to accept and deliver additional tasks not traditionally defined as those of a Business Analyst – aligned to project delivery
- Advanced competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams and Outlook
- Excellent planning, organisational, and time management skills
- Track record of following through on commitments.
- An avid supporter of a fully inclusive culture
- High Emotional Intelligence
- Knowledge and experience working with End User Compute projects (desirable but not essential)
- Propensity to grow skills
- Contribution to ThingsAt team building and enhanced collaboration on internal and external projects
- Supporting the leadership team on analysis and presentations as required
- Other responsibilities as directed by the Assignment or Reporting Manager.
- Attend all mandatory internal meetings
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
- Pragmatic, self-aware, resilient, proactive and results driven
Qualifications, Training and Experience
- 7 years+ experience as a Senior Business Analyst
- Delivery experience working within cross-functional teams using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Experience in setting up, running and managing workshops for requirement discovery and elicitation
- 2 years demonstrated experience in working with Agile methodologies (backlog development and refinement – writing epics, functions, stories and defining acceptance criteria using for e.g. Jira or Azure DevOps)
- Experience in process design with for e.g. Visio
- CBAP certification (desirable)
- Certification in one or more Agile methods (desirable)
- Tertiary qualification in an IT discipline or related field or an MBA