Industry-leading SOE Engineers – we want you!
We’re on the look-out for an outstanding Senior SOE Engineer to join the ThingsAt Service Delivery Team in Melbourne.
The Senior SOE Engineer role is vital to our business and critical to the successful delivery of customer facing and internal project initiatives.
To succeed in this role, you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
What it’s like working with us
At ThingsAt you’ll be part of a fast-moving, forward-thinking company, working on high-profile customer projects. While you help revolutionise our industry, we’ll support you to be the best you can be. You’ll be presented with interesting projects, supported by open-minded colleagues, and given ample opportunity to develop your skills. It’s more than a job when you join ThingsAt, we care about each other and the impact we have on everything around us – and that’s what makes us great.
Some of the special added extra’s you’ll enjoy
- Discounted technology hardware pricing
- A training and education allowance
- Birthday and study leave
- COVID-19 vaccination leave
- Reimbursement for flu vaccinations
- Leave support for emergency volunteer services (e.g., SES, Red Cross, FRV).
Reporting to the Head of Service Delivery as part of the Service Delivery Team, this role will work closely with other SOE Engineers, as well as the Professional Services Team. This role is responsible for delivering high quality engineering services at pace to drive strategic outcomes for ThingsAt and our customers.
The Senior SOE Engineer will be responsible in providing top-level application and system support to manage SOE image development, deployment, and maintenance across a broad spectrum of technologies. As a lead, the role is responsible for guiding and coordinating other SOE engineers and working collaboratively to build a high-performing team.
Is this you?
You’re a team player, flexible and adaptable, and an outstanding communicator
- You get stuff done – resourceful, decisive, and quick to respond when called into action
- You like wearing a variety of hats and are willing to pitch in wherever needed
- You are highly organised and detail-oriented
- You are comfortable working on multiple projects of various size, at times consecutively, while always knowing which thing needs to happen first
- You have a learner-mindset, always looking for opportunities to grow your expertise.
You’ll be focused on providing third-level application and system support to manage SOE Image and Application Packaging services and solutions, and support project work across a broad spectrum of imaging and packaging technologies.
- Tenant Management; OS installation model; imaging model; managed application deployment model; inventory, reporting, Group Policy configuration and maintenance, File/print server support
- Incident management ownership and accountability within the End User Compute environment, through to resolution & monitoring aligning with SLA objectives
- Lead implementation activities from technical designs to meet project or service delivery requirements
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure and proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Resolve routine, ad-hoc & complex customer queries, ensuring established processes/systems are followed
- Support and assist other staff members within the SOE team with activities as required
Experience and expertise
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in managing and supporting End User Computing environments
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in SOE development, support, maintenance, and implementation
- Advanced software, hardware, and environmental troubleshooting (including Cloud) ability
- Advanced working knowledge of EUC Operating Systems and applications including:
- Deep understanding of SCCM and related technologies, including processes, troubleshooting and management
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Understanding of infrastructure and network interoperability with SOE
- Proven experience with implementing, engineering, and supporting Microsoft Azure solutions in a distributed infrastructure environment
- Strong experience with enterprise deployment and management tools
- Advanced working knowledge/understanding of Microsoft unattended deployment methodologies for the Microsoft Windows family
- Experience managing large enterprise device fleets
- Working Knowledge of Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration Management (ITIL) processes
- Tertiary qualification preferred
- ITIL Foundation Certification preferred
- Microsoft Certification or equivalent certifications strongly preferred
ThingsAt works on high-value, high-accountability end user compute projects that enhance our core business, Device as a Service (DaaS). We collaborate with our customers to achieve great outcomes and pride ourselves on our integrity and honesty. We are always looking for innovations, bringing efficiency and value to our customers.
ThingsAt is committed to equality, opportunity, and respect for all to ensure everyone’s voice is heard.
Apply via your LinkedIn profile Apply directly